Membership of ADSA is open, on payment of the annual subscription as determined by the Association in general meeting, to staff members and post-graduate students of Australasian tertiary institutions engaged in teaching and/or research in drama studies and to Directors of associated theatres and to members of the theatrical profession.
Membership to ADSA entitles you to:
- Two copies per year of Australasian Drama Studies, the major
journal of drama and theatre studies in Australia, New Zealand, and
- An annual Register of Research in Drama, and a separate Register of Postgraduate Research Thesis Topics;
- Information about the annual ADSA Conference, the opportunity
to present research at the conference, and a discount on registration;
- Occasional publications of plays suitable for drama teaching
at the tertiary level. Now available free to new members: Virginia
Baxter: What Time Is This House?; T.A. Palmer (dram): East Lynne;
Performing Women/Performing Feminisms: Interviews with International
Women Playwrights eds. Joanne Tompkins and Julie Holledge; and
- Opportunities to meet and correspond with colleagues around the globe through ADSA's links with ATHE (the Association for Higher Education in Drama in the USA), SCUD (the Standing Committee of College and University Drama Teachers in the UK), and the International Theatre Institute.
Membership fees are
- Individual: AUD $90.00
- Student: AUD $60.00
Please complete the membership form. Payment may be made by cheque (payable to ADSA) or credit card. Please forward the completed form and payment to:
Theatre & Drama
La Trobe University
Bundoora VIC 3086
Fax +61 3 9479 3637
Enquiries about membership may be addressed to the Loretta Calverley, Theatre & Drama, La Trobe University on telephone +61 3 9479 2342.