ADSA Awards for Outstanding Scholarship
ADSA recognises outstanding scholarship in different areas of theatre, drama and performance studies through the following awards:
Membership of ADSA is required to be eligible for these awards.
Prize nominations open:
- Marlis Thiersch Prize for research excellence in an English-language article or book chapter published anywhere in the world in the broad field of theatre and performance studies.
- Philip Parsons Prize for a senior student (honours or postgraduate) who has completed a performance as research project.
- Rob Jordan Prize for the best book on a theatre, drama or performance studies related subject published in the previous two years.
- Veronica Kelly Prize for the Best Postgraduate Paper presented at an ADSA conference.
- Geoffrey Milne Bursary to assist three eligible postgradutes to attend each ADSA conference.
- ADSA Publication Subsidy Scheme to assist with the cost of publishing important scholarship on drama, theatre and performance practices in Australia, New Zealand or the Pacific.
- Joanne Tompkins Prize for Excellence in Book and Journal Editing.
- Peta Tait Prize for Excellence in Creative Projects and Scholarship Achievement over time.
- Victor Emeljanow Bursary to assist an unfunded Early Career Researcher to attend and present at the ADSA conference.
- Flinders University Ausstage Prize to recognise research excellence that utilises Ausstage in articles, books, and non-traditional digital outputs. Please note, this award is being deferred until 2023 (see page for details).
- ADSA Research Support Scheme to support the research activities of unfunded ADSA Ltd members whose research has been disrupted by the ongoing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
1 August 2022.
Prize nominations close:
1 October 2022.
Please email ADSA prize convenor, Sarah Woodland:
if you have any questions regarding eligibility for, or adminstration of, ADSA's prizes. The nomination procedures differ for each prize, and can be found through the links above, along with details of the judging panels.